Reading Youth Travel Basketball Program (Grades 6-8) - Competitive Evaluation
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
All tryouts have been canceled for Boys & Girls. Emails have been sent to all participants.
Please check your junk folder as many parents have found our notification emails in junk/spam.
Boys: 6th Grade canceled due to low enrollment.
No Tryouts Needed for 7th & 8th Grade - all participants have been assigned a team.
Girls: 6th, 7th & 8th Grade canceled due to low enrollment
The Reading Youth Basketball Travel League is for boys and girls in Grades 6–8. Registrants will participate in a one-night competitive evaluation to select the teams. Reading Recreation will create as many teams as there are players and coaches for. Teams will be placed in appropriate divisions for league play. This evaluation is MANDATORY.
Evaluation Fee: $5 per participant (must register for Evaluation below). Evaluation fee is non-refundable.
- Participants and parents must understand that this is a travel basketball program and is not to be confused with the In-Town League.
- There is a tremendous time commitment for those involved, and some players will play more than others.
- Please note teams will be formed based on number of registrations.
- Evaluation information can be found in the Reading Youth Basketball Information Packet (click on link below to download).
- Participation in the Evaluation does not guarantee placement on a Travel Team.
- $399 per participant / $374 second player (same family) in Travel program. Program fee is collected after the teams are formed.
- Program fee includes game and practice expenses, uniform and entry into one end-of-year tournament or playoff!
INTERESTED IN COACHING?
If you are interested in coaching for the Reading Youth Basketball Travel Program, please indicate your interest at the time of registration or contact Arielle Carney at the Recreation Division (781) 942-9075.
Additional Forms and Files: